Why not start off with a film made by one of my favorite bands? Although I wasn’t expecting much out of Nightwish’s Imaginaerum, I got a lot more than I bargained for. See, in the beginning, the story didn’t make any sense at all. It’s one of those movies where you have to wait until the end to understand its meaning.
It’s a very complex story indeed, taking you on a trip of a lifetime. The emotional impact it has once you realize the meaning behind everything is so great, it left me bawling for hours after I finished it- and I don’t usually cry with movies (unless it involves a dog, because of my undying love for dogs).
To sum it up: Tom wades through his memories, finally letting go the worst one that haunted him to his final moments. And in doing so he reconnected with his bitter daughter, who also realized his reasons for pushing her away.
My words don’t help to paint the beautiful- if sad- picture the film does, so watching it for yourself is a definite must.
Some of the things I love about this film is the atmosphere, the actors that they chose, and especially how they incorporated the band into the film, and the music is just phenomenal. There’s so much I wish I could say about this film, but in writing them down, I would just give away the entire film, and that would be no fun. My interpretation is my own- who knows, someone else might walk away with a different meaning than the one I gathered.
No comments:
Post a Comment